It’s simple right?
If it’s hot out then you grab a nice cold ice tea.
If it’s cold out you just go for a good old hot tea.
Question is, what if it’s just ‘normal’ out!?
Is one tea temperature more superior than the other? It is an age-old question in the world of tea, or at least since having a cold drink was a viable option! So today I put to rest the classic question of hot tea vs cold tea, which is better?
Temperature and tea
- Hot tea is loaded with maximum health benefits that haven’t been eliminated by exposure to oxygen.
- Our taste buds have a temperature gauge which reacts better to warm flavours, basically you get more taste out of something warm than cold.
- The aroma of tea is at it’s best with hot tea.
- A warm cup of tea is very relaxing
- Ready in less than 10 minutes
- Cold tea can be consumed in higher volumes.
- Can be prepared overnight in a large amount.
- A refreshing substitute for sports or sugary drinks.
- Boost your water intake and help get 3L of water in your day.
- While a little less concentrated, cold tea still has all the health benefits.
Winner: Hot tea – With 100% of the health benefits, a full, soothing aroma and great taste. Hot tea is a pretty clear winner when it comes to the temperature contest
The feeling and tea
Winner: Cold tea – I gave it to cold tea because it is just so delicious and gives me that “I’m ready to take on the day” feeling. Please share your feelings from tea in the comments as I, one man can’t possibly speak for us all!
Oh, and yeah, I chose cold tea because I love how refreshed I feel after downing a cold glass of Lemon and Peach Green tea (home made, recipe here)
Your health and tea
- Full of antioxidants
- Stress relief
- Cancer fighting agents
- Slightly fewer antioxidants
- less caffeine (when home made)
- Cancer fighting agents
Winner: It’s a draw! While hot tea gives us the full dose of the stuff, cold tea comes with less of a caffeine hit. After that they are basically the same in every way except temperature.
Annnnnnnd the winner is YOU!
Yep, as long as you are drinking tea then you are the real winner. Hot or cold you are still getting a delicious, nutritious and down right stylish beverage.
Don’t forget to check out our partners in tea for some great, trusted tea producers and unique tea accessories. If you have any questions or would like to leave a review then simply leave a comment below and I will reply asap.
All the best and all the tea
Founder of TEA, your style